Thursday, May 30, 2013

4 days!!

Finally got this Blog-thing up and going! With 4 days until I step foot onto the GDB campus as an intern.....I am barely getting any sleep! I am so incredibly excited to finally have the opportunity to "go behind closed doors" so to speak and really see how GDB runs. I am going to try best to sit down each night and write about everything I did, provided that I have access to WIFI.

(Probably should've opened with this...but anyway..)
For those of you that don't know me, my name is Emily and I am a puppy raiser in Modesto, Ca. I am currently raising my third puppy, a female Golden Retriever named Alba. My second puppy, a male yellow lab named Keith, is currently at GDB in Phase 8 waiting to be matched. My first puppy, a male black lab named Newport, was Career Changed and is now a certified Therapy Dog, as well as my pet. I was accepted into the summer Internship program at Guide Dogs this year, and will be spending 2 weeks in the Training Department.

I leave this Sunday morning for San Rafael. Haven't even started packing yet...that will probably occur Saturday night around 10:30 :) Newport and Alba will be going to puppysitters while I am gone; Newport to fellow club members and Alba to a leader of a neighboring club. I know I will miss them, but for once I am actually looking forward to having a vacation from the puppy raising life and doing something a bit different (although still very much centered around dogs! :)
Newport, my first puppy, in his Therapy Dog gear
                                                      
Keith, my second pup and I the day before he was recalled

Third and current pup, Alba

1 comment:

  1. Yay Emily! I'm so excited to hear about your internship! I'm dying to go back! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete