Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tomorrow's the day!

So.....tomorrow I leave for San Rafael to begin my internship! I start bright and early Monday morning so I will be going up sometime tomorrow. Alba and Newport have been dropped off at their respective puppy sitter homes. Newport will be spending 2 weeks with fellow club members, who are raising a black male named Roberto. I've heard Newport is being a great mentor dog, as well as hogging the bed at night! (Typical 90-pound Newport!)

Alba is with an experienced club leader in Tracy, Ca. She has lots of experience with Goldens and their finicky/quirky habits. I dropped Alba off there this morning, and she fit right in when she arrived. She has a big Career Changed yellow male named Laser to play with, as well as beautiful German Shepherd. I heard from the woman earlier this evening that Alba has been having a blast playing with Laser, ate most of her dinner (typical finicky-eater golden!), and enjoyed a nice evening walk. She lives out in the country, more like foothills,  by a lake, so this is a big change from the suburban neighborhood that Alba is used to. I'm ecstatic that she's getting all these new experiences while I am gone.

I pretty much finished my packing tonight (like the professional procrastinator I am), and only have a few things to do in the A.M. before I can hit the road!

More tomorrow after I am settled at the house I am staying at....and then it's Internship time!
And here's a cute baby Alba pic just because :)

No comments:

Post a Comment